Re: Sun[esc]bdwaSnowCamp in Italy in late february/early march?

From: Elena ``of Valhalla'' <valhalla-l_at_trueelena.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 18:32:21 +0200

On 2017-09-08 at 16:51:53 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I've added the Debian.ch community on CC.
>
> Would the proposed location be closer to Malpensa or Bergamo airport?
>
> Is it accessible by bus services from an airport or main railway station
> like Milano, Monza or Como or would people (or a group) need to arrange
> car hire?

The location is in Laveno, easily reachable by train from Milan (at
least one train every hour during the day) as well as from the Malpensa
airport.

There is also a train/bus service from somewhere in Switzerland, but I
haven't checked the details yet.

I plan to create a wiki page like the suncamp_ one with all of the
details on location, ways to reach it etc. and to promote it starting
from when the date gets finalized.

.. _suncamp: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/Europe/2017/DSC

> The Open Labs group in Albania organized a Linux weekend in late
> February this year, I'm not sure if they will repeat it at the same time.

Can you contact them | give me contacts to ask if they are already
looking at one of those dates?

Thanks

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''