GNU/Linux Install Party in Algiers, april 29, 2017 / Re: OpenMindsClub

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-events-eu-20170329-7_at_mdcc.cx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 08:49:14 +0200

Hi Rass,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

http://www.openmindsclub.net/ , website in french.

> a student club in the USTHB university in Algiers (Algeria) which promotes
> the spirit of sharing and the philosophy of free and OpenSource, "Free as in
> Freedom". We have made it our battleground since the creation of the club in
> March 2009. Since then, every year we organize our flagship event, The
> GNU/Linux Install Party. The theme of the 8th edition which will take place
> on April 29th is "Open Science", the aim will be to raise awareness and
> introduce non-computer scientists to our philosophy.

I couldn't find any webpage dedicated to that event; isn't this party promoted
on the web?

> We fundamentally oppose big sponsors due to the unethical stands most
> companies have we thus fund the event ourselves.
>
> That is why we solicit your help or any contribution or encouragement,
> however symbolic. it would be amazing if we were able to promote the Free
> Software through tangible material like stickers, so we are wondering if
> Debian coulld provide us such help to boost people's will and our credibility

Some people do produce stickers and T shirts promoting Debian. I myself
currently don't have a any in stock, unfortunately.

We also have flyers explaining what Debian is about. I myself don't have the
resources to print those for you; I however _might_ be able to supply you
soonish with .pdf files you can print yourself. Anyway, sources for the Debian
flyer are available via
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git .

BTW, it's really cool you're promoting Free Software in Algeria; I had a quick
look at your website and it looks awesome :)

Lots of succes running your 8th GNU/Linux Install Party!

Take care, Bye,

Joost

--
irc:joostvb@{OFTC,freenode} ∙ http://mdcc.cx/http://ad1810.com/