Re: Debian promo material

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-events-eu-20170215-9_at_mdcc.cx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 05:14:31 +0100

[dropping press@, events@, adding debian-flyers-devel]

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 02:24:10PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> El 15/02/17 a las 14:12, Joost van Baal-Ilić escribió:
> >
> >Debian fosdem booth staffer & debian-flyers "admin" here.
> >
> >On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 08:23:43AM +0100, Jan Wagner wrote:
> >>
> >>looking forward to the CLT[1] I'm asking me if there is recent promo
> >>material available. For example flyers and such things.
> >>http://debian-flyers.alioth.debian.org/ seems to be a cruft and I was
> >>unable to find anything with recent information. Did I miss something?
> >
> >At FOSDEM we've had a pretty abundantly filled booth; all tshirts and hoodies
> >and stuff like that (supplied by our friends from Debian france, as well as by
> >some dutch debianites) were solled out.
> >
> >Our friend Anne Bezemer has sent me a patch to update the contents of the
> >Debian flyer; I hope to get to it to apply it soonish... I believe he's also
> >the one who has printed the latest batch of them; people are still interested
> >in taking them to read about our project. I feel they're still useful.
> >
> >However, indeed the debian-flyers project shows its age. Feel free to
> >resurrect it of course. Migrating from *cough* CVS to git is high on _my_
> >wishlist...
> >

> (with my website-team-member hat on)
>
> When Elena Grandi made the hexagonal sticker, I didn't know about the
> debian-flyers project (I learnt about it in this thread), so I uploaded it
> directly to the website:
>
> https://www.debian.org/logos/
>
> Now this thread generates some TODO items that I'll try to tackle soon:
>
> * update soon the debian-flyers project with that additional sticker, and
> maybe other resources present in the website (in www.d.o/logos or
> www.d.o/banners).
>
> * Add a link to the debian-flyers repo in those pages of the website (at
> least, /logos, /banners and /misc/merchandise)
>
> * Help in the cvs -> git conversion

I just gave Laura admin-rights on the debian-flyers CVS repo @ alioth, after
discussion on IRC.

Laura: the current flyers build system uses CVS Id's to check for up to
date-ness of translations. IIRC that's the same system as used by
www.debian.org. Reimplementing this in git has been a showstopper for the
conversion to git for the last couple of years (decennia ?). I'm perfectly
fine by any non-perfect solution to this problem. Just dumping the
check-functionality is an acceptable tradeoff, imnsho.

And thanks _a_ _lot_ for volunteering!

Thanks, Bye,

Joost