Re: Debian promo material

From: Laura Arjona Reina <larjona_at_larjona.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:24:10 +0100

Hi

El 15/02/17 a las 14:12, Joost van Baal-Ilić escribió:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Debian fosdem booth staffer & debian-flyers "admin" here.
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 08:23:43AM +0100, Jan Wagner wrote:
>>
>> looking forward to the CLT[1] I'm asking me if there is recent promo
>> material available. For example flyers and such things.
>> http://debian-flyers.alioth.debian.org/ seems to be a cruft and I was
>> unable to find anything with recent information. Did I miss something?
>
> At FOSDEM we've had a pretty abundantly filled booth; all tshirts and hoodies
> and stuff like that (supplied by our friends from Debian france, as well as by
> some dutch debianites) were solled out.
>
> Our friend Anne Bezemer has sent me a patch to update the contents of the
> Debian flyer; I hope to get to it to apply it soonish... I believe he's also
> the one who has printed the latest batch of them; people are still interested
> in taking them to read about our project. I feel they're still useful.
>
> However, indeed the debian-flyers project shows its age. Feel free to
> resurrect it of course. Migrating from *cough* CVS to git is high on _my_
> wishlist...

(with my website-team-member hat on)

When Elena Grandi made the hexagonal sticker, I didn't know about the
debian-flyers project (I learnt about it in this thread), so I uploaded
it directly to the website:

https://www.debian.org/logos/

Now this thread generates some TODO items that I'll try to tackle soon:

* update soon the debian-flyers project with that additional sticker,
and maybe other resources present in the website (in www.d.o/logos or
www.d.o/banners).

* Add a link to the debian-flyers repo in those pages of the website (at
least, /logos, /banners and /misc/merchandise)

* Help in the cvs -> git conversion

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona