Re: Debian @ LinuxTag 2014-05, Berlin, Germany

From: Christian Körner <ck_at_ps-xaf.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 23:36:33 +0200

On 02/04/14 21:15, Ferdinand Thommes wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> The exhibitor pass limitation is a nuisance but we have to live with it.
> Siduction will pay for the extra passes needed for our project. I think,
> debian will also reimburse the money for the needed passes for booth
> staff. I will ask Elke from projects comitee, if it is possible for her
> to collect the money for extra passes from ffis e.V., where we have our
> donations and debian also has money. There was no word on free tickets,
> like we had at Messe Berlin, but if there is, those can be used by
> non-regular staff to enter the fairgrounds. They just do not show the
> ticket holder off as official staff.

I personally think it's a bit cheeky to ask for an additional fee on
exhibitor passes. Especially if people who want to help come from
farther as they have already expenses, or others might just help out for
a few hours. It's understandable that you can't hand out ~ additional
passes per booth but 2 is at the very minimum. :(

The free tickets -if available/possible- would be an option, don't think
it is a problem if they do not show the ticket holder as staff. :)

If you don't mind I get in touch with you and Axel Beu off list -the
next days- for some discussion regarding the booth, etc.

Cheers,
Christian