Re: popcorn.debian.org for FOSDEM?

From: Arne Wichmann <aw_at_anhrefn.saar.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:42:30 +0100

begin quotation from Wouter Verhelst (in <52DE6BAA.80305_at_debian.org>):
> On 21-01-14 10:56, Arne Wichmann wrote:
> > begin quotation from Holger Levsen (in <201401191359.19952.holger_at_layer-acht.org>):
> >>
> >> right before 30c3 I had another crazy idea: have several donation boxes,
> >> labeled with the names of init systems, plus two more "support them all" and
> >> "I trust the tech-ctte" and then let Debian booth visitors (pointlessly) vote
> >> with their monetary donations...
> >>
> >> (For those wondering, this idea didnt become reality (yet).)
> >
> > Hm, this might actually be a fun event. Are you organizing it?
>
> <hat type="FOSDEM info team member">
> If you're actually going to provide food or drinks, note that FOSDEM
> will want you to ensure you clean up after yourselves. We've had some
> cases of people littering with food or drink items handed out at booths,
> and then the burden of cleaning up the mess has been on the FOSDEM team
> (which already has far too much on their hands on sunday night).
>
> Not that you absolutely can't do this, but I'd just like to mention that
> it might be a bad idea.
> </hat>

Ack. I will try to steer our playfulness into different directions. ;)

cu

AW

--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support