Debian stand @ fosdem , feb 1 & 2 2014, brussels (was: Re: Fwd: [FOSDEM] Call for participation: lightning talks and stands)

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb_at_debian.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:33:34 +0200

Hoi Wynke,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 02:04:47AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone here who wants to organize a stand at FOSDEM '14?

<snip>
> We now also invite proposals for lightning talks and stands.
<snip>
> FOSDEM offers open source projects the opportunity to display their work
> during the event. At their stand, a project can share information, demo
> software, sell merchandise, give away goodies, and so on, and personally
> interact with the visitors.
>
> What we offer:
> - one 180x80cm table, positioned in one of the buildings with developer
> rooms, for the entire duration of the conference. In some cases, a
> second table may be possible, if you have a good reason to need two.
> - two chairs per table
> - one power socket type C/E (if you require adapters or additional
> sockets, please bring them yourself)
> - fast uplink shared wireless Internet access
>
> Further practical considerations:
> - The offer for stands is open to open source projects and communities
> - There is no cost or fee for the stands
> - The stand should be occupied by at least two people for the duration of
> the conference.
>
> Send your request via email to stands_at_fosdem.org. Please include at
> least the following information:
> - Project name

Debian

> - Stand description

The yearly Debian booth @ fosdem: demo systems, t-shirt and other merchandise,
meeting Debian Developers for a chat in real life.

http://www.debian.org/

> - Your name and relation to the project

Joost van Baal-Ilić, Debian Developer

> - Why should FOSDEM accept this proposal?

The Debian stand has been succesfull at each FOSDEM conference, iirc.

> - Optionally, if requesting two tables, motivation for the second table

Yes, if possible please two tables. We'll sell lots of different t-shirts,
some space for displaying them is useful.

> Questions or remarks? Contact us at stands_at_fosdem.org.
>
> Key dates:
<snip>
> * 20 November
> - deadline for stands and lightning talks
> * 15 December
> - accepted stands and lightning talks announced

Groeten,

Joost

PS: there's https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2014/FOSDEM now. More
volunteers for this years Debian booth @ FOSDEM edition are invited to leave