Invitation to the pkgsrccon 2013 on March 23rd in Berlin

From: Julian Djamil Fagir <pkgsrccon-2013_at_NetBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:58:23 +0100

Hi all,

I know this is a Debian list, and you are not strictly pkgsrc guys. ;-)

pkgsrc [1] is the packaging system from NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD, MINIX and
MirBSD, and runs on many more platforms. This year, we have a conference
about pkgsrc again on the 23rd March 2013 in the IN-Berlin space in
Berlin-Moabit, Germany.

Though it is entitled a pkgsrc conference, we want a more diverse audience.
There are topics that are relevant for all distributors, and there are topics
pkgsrc can learn from Debian and Debian can learn from pkgsrc.

The conference will consist of talks and workshops (schedule not yet released)
and a hacking and hangout session in the space. If you want to hold your
packaging-related talk or workshop, please contact me as soon as possible [2].

Maybe you could also have a spontaneous minidebConf for the Berlin community
in the same place (though space is limited, please contact me about this).
Physical adjacency and a linked schedule might improve interchange between
pkgsrc and Debian.

So I hereby invite you to the pkgsrcCon 2013. There will be free snacks and
talks, so even if you don't want to contribute a talk, come by and have a
nice time seeing how other packagers manage their work.

Though registration is not required, the event site has only limited space.
So telling us if you come, and if so, when, would make planning much easier.
You can find further informations (especially travel and hotel informations)
on the conference website [3].
You can find the original invitation to pkgsrc developers on the tech-pkg
mailing list of pkgsrc [4].

Regards, Julian

[1]: http://pkgsrc.org
[2]: pkgsrcCon-2013_at_NetBSD.org