Re: Booth at Chemnitzer Linux Tage 2012

From: Arne Wichmann <aw_at_anhrefn.saar.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:03:22 +0100

A late reply - I am a bit delayed for non-urgent tasks at the moment.

begin quotation from Luca Capello (in <877h2jm9bv.fsf_at_gismo.pca.it>):
> As a final side note: as announced in the past, feel free to contact the
> Debian Events team for any question like this one. While we monitor the
> debian-events-*@ mailing lists, in no way these should be the central
> point for anything event-related:
>
> <http://lists.debian.org/87tyg2g6ed.fsf@gismo.pca.it>

I do not like the way things are handled in that mail. I do not feel that
centralization is a good idea for event handling, but this is what is being
done: events_at_debian.org is an interface in which I as non-DD can not
participate in. http://wiki.debian.org/CategoryEvents is global and very
unsorted and not very usable to alert me to what is happening.

debian-events-eu_at_lists.debian.org is low-traffic and not moderated - I can
follow what is happening there, and take part without relying on a
centralized team. Any mechanism which replaces it should at least have
these qualities.

cu

AW

--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support