Debian at FOSDEM 2011: thank you! (was: FOSDEM)

From: Luca Capello <luca_at_pca.it>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:44:55 +0100

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 18:08:10 +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> FOSDEM preparations are firing up again; I've just requested a stand for
>> the project at the next edition (5th and 6th of February, 2011).
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> I just created the according page in the Debian Wiki:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/FOSDEM/2011

I would like to thank all the people involved in the Debian booth at
FOSDEM 2011: the number of people who stopped by was the highest I have
ever seen in the last four years, which testifies that after 18 years
someone still cares about Debian [1][2].

[1] <http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2011/01/who_the_bloody_hell_cares_about_Debian/>
[2] <http://www.networkworld.com/community/why-debian-matters-more-than-ever>

The concomitant release of squeeze was probably a key factor for so many
attentions, but nevertheless the fact that the last lenny T-Shirts ever
produced [3] went out of stock on Saturday (together with most of the
"Space Fun" squeeze model [4]) was already a sign of love (pun
intended). And the Debian tartan [5] (both "present" as kilts and ties)
still catches a lot of interests!

[3] <http://www.einval.com/~steve/DebianT/>
[4] <http://debian.ch/merchandise>
[5] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf7/Tartan>

I would also like to particularly thank Paul Sladen (cc:ed) for his
constant presence at the booth, coupled with his debian/rules to fold a
T-Shirt :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca