Re: FOSDEM 2011, second CfT

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:00:22 +0100

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 01:10:24PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > I'm also not sure if there are video volunteers from the DebConf/Debian
> > > video team. Just doing video for the Debian talks is rather unpractical
> > > (and not nice), while OTOH doing for a talk in which one has no interest
> > > at all is also not top on the list, when there are 1000 other more
> > > interesting things to do. What do other "video people" think (and plan)?
> > I'm sure we can find some more volunteers if we plan a bit better this
> > time around. Should I ask on the dist2011 mailinglist?
>
> I think we need an interesting schedule first and foremost...

Point.

On that note, I did send out a bunch of private mails to people from
other distributions yesterday, and it seems like at least some of them
are working on coming up with talks -- they just haven't let me know as
of yet. Thus it might be not as bad a problem as it seemed.

> > > I'd certainly be happy to give a small talk about piuparts. I'd be really
> > > interesting to hear something about the status of the new website, best
> > > with an announcement about it being live ;-)
> > Thanks. Lars had been considering doing so, but eventually decided not
> > to; it'd be great if you could do it instead.
>
> Ok, so count me in for it. :)

Whee! Thanks!

> > > I'd be interested in this...
> > Me too, but it'd need someone to drive that effort. Are you
> > volunteering?
>
> No.

Pity (but okay, of course).

trying to fool the system.