Re: FOSDEM 2011, second CfT

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 23:38:00 +0100

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 11:15:43AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > At the end of September, I called for talk submissions for the FOSDEM 2011
> > distributions miniconf. Unfortunately, to date, the number of
> > submissions (from Debian and other distributions alike) has been
> > abysmally low. It would be a shame if the two rooms which the miniconf
> > was assigned for two days would be mostly unused.
> >
> > Therefore, I'd like to reiterate my request for talks. Anything is
> > welcome, as long as it involves distribution work.
> >
> > If I may make some suggestions for interesting talk proposals that would
> > fit the miniconf well:
> > - Our new kFreeBSD port
> > - Something about the new v3 source formats
>
> I've been using 3.0 (quilt) a lot and have been playing around building
> source packages from git/mercurial repositories directly without
> intermittant unpacking and diffing. I'm also playing around with an idea
> for better support for vendors, those that take a debian package and
> patch it some more. This could be benefitial for any debian based
> distribution including Ubuntu.
>
> I'm not sure yet wether i have time to come but will know soon. But if I
> can maybe this could be split into a basic talk introducing the format,
> showing how to convert a package and how to use it and a design session
> to toss around future extensions to the format.

That could work, and sounds like an interesting session.

If you could confirm whether you'd be able to attend before the start of
january, that would be great.

> There seems to be something missing here for those that have forgotten
> or not seen the first call:
>
> Where to submit talks? What is the timetable / deadline?

Sorry :-)

submit them to dist2011_at_lists.fosdem.org (public mailinglist)
deadline is 2011-01-01; but if the table isn't full, I won't start
rejecting talks.

trying to fool the system.