Re: FOSDEM

From: Axel Beckert <abe_at_debian.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 20:16:14 +0100

Hi,

Luca Capello wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:43:22 +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > FOSDEM preparations are firing up again; I've just requested a stand for
> > the project at the next edition (5th and 6th of February, 2011).
> >
> > During previous years, we've always had some merchandise available for
> > sale, and also had some machine that would demo something interesting
> > Debian-related.
>
> The debian.ch merchandise <http://wiki.debian.org/Merchandise> will be
> there, with some "new" items like Debian umbrellas (this time in black
> as well, if production time will be OK) and keychains.
>
> Depending on the outcome of the discussion about the old marketing
> team, it could happen that I will be responsible for the merchandise
> stuff,

Cool.

> > I hope that by the time FOSDEM rolls around, squeeze will have released,
> > which means we'll have an official release of Debian/kFreeBSD around by
> > that time. As such, I'd like to suggest that we have a demo machine of
> > kFreeBSD (possibly with some CD's or DVD's that we can hand out)
> > available at the Debian booth.
>
> Axel Beckert (cc:ed) brought last year Debian/kFreeBSD machine, maybe
> he will do the same this year...

Should be no problem. Will be there anyway, at least I plan to do so.
:-)

I wonder if I should do a kFreeBSD talk again at FOSDEM. But I think
there wouldn't be so much difference to this year's FOSDEM talk to
warrant a similar talk again -- so I'm hesitating to submit it. Maybe
for the cross-distro dev room. What do you think, Wouter?

                Regards, Axel

--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin