Re: Debian meetup at FSCONs 5-7 November 2010

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <leader_at_debian.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:01:58 +0200

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 06:35:08PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> *** This is sent to debian-events-eu, debian-project, leader, and is
> also Bcc'd to

Hi Per, thanks for prodding me about this.

> During DebConf10 in New York I spoke to several people from the nordic region
> and discussed having meetups and maybe even forming Debian-Nordic. Many of us
> agreed upon that having such a group would create a more vibrant and active
> Debian community in the nordic region. It would be an awesome way for developers
> to meet as well as spreading Debian and creating a platform and gateway for
> interested people and wannabe contributors.

I couldn't agree more with this. Local groups are quite important to
strengthen local Debian communities and also to attract new people to
join. Last but not least, they are also useful if people in some
specific area want to get in touch "with Debian" and are reluctant to do
that directly via some "worldwide" channel. So, by all means, go ahead
with this!

> If people want to take part in a Nordic Debian meetup at FSCONS I believe that
> we can receive sponsorship for it.

Unfortunately, the dates of FSCONS are bad for me, in the sense that I'm
already busy with work stuff those days. Nevertheless I encourage you to
advertise Debian presence at FSCONS (please get in touch with
debian-publicity_at_lists.d.o with an announce draft). If you want to
advertise more the possibility of sponsoring to get there, I also
suggest you mention it in the announce and/or get in touch with someone
to blog about that via planet.d.o.

All the best for Debian presence at FSCONS!
Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams