FrOSCon 2010, 21.+22. August, St. Augustin, Germany

From: Sebastian Harl <tokkee_at_debian.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:40:22 +0200

Hi,

we've been given a booth at this year's FrOSCon (Free and OpenSource
Conference) in St. Augustin (near Bonn), Germany on 21.+22. August. I'm
volunteering to organize the booth but, obviously, I cannot run the
booth on my on. So, I'm looking for people (you!) to help out.

This is FrOSCon's fifth anniversary and the conference will be a fair
bit larger than the years before (projects will be located in the
"Mensa", entrance hall and on the first floor). So, I expect it to be
even better than the years before :-)

What do we need?

 * people to staff the booth:

   You do not have to be a Debian Developer to help out - some interest
   in Debian and the ability to answer questions (or redirect people to
   someone who might know) is all that's required. Please add yourself
   to the wiki page [1] and sign up at the CfProjects [2]. We'll get a
   couple of free tickets for booth members (but you have to be signed
   up at the CfProjects for that!).

   I expect a lot of interesting talks to take place, so having a couple
   of people available at all times would be a good thing to be able to
   let people attend some talks as well.

   In case you need accommodation, please talk to me -- there are a
   *few* rooms left at the hotel "Regina" that are subsidized by the
   organizers and given away FCFS.

 * "co-organizer":

   I'm also going to organize the collectd booth @ FrOSCon. Thus, I'd
   appreciate some "co-organizer". There's not going to be a lot of work
   in advance but I'd be really great to have someone else also looking
   a bit after the booth during the event.

 * hardware:

   Please see the wiki page [1] for a list of stuff we need and insert
   your name if you are able to provide some of it.

 * further ideas?

   Even though I do not think we did a bad job in the past years, it
   would be nice to get some new ideas / improvements about how to
   decorate the booth. If you've got any ideas (even small changes might
   have nice effects), please don't hesitate to contact me or reply to
   this E-mail.

 * CDs? USB sticks?

   We did not offer any CDs the years before. However, if someone would
   like to volunteer to take care of that, feel free to discuss it in
   this thread.

   Also, somebody recently (around FOSDEM or so ;-)) came up with the
   idea to provide/sell USB sticks including a Debian installer. Any
   volunteers to take care of that?

If you've got further ideas, comments or questions, please reply to this
thread.

Please see the FrOSCon website [3] for more information about the
conference.

Looking forward to see some of you at the conference!

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDe/2010/FrOSCon
[2] https://callforprojects.froscon.org/