Re: [last call] Debian at OpenExpo, 24. - 25.3.2010 in Bern

From: Luca Capello <luca_at_pca.it>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:46:34 +0100

Hi there!

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:18:08 +0100, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:36:27AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
>> An attempt is available at:
>>
>> http://people.debian.org/~gismo/posters/The_Debian_Development_Process/
[...]
> If you go to here[0] I have a DIA source file.

Thank you! However, it seems that the export-to-SVG of dia-gnome
(0.97.1-2) does not understand texts and not only it converts them to
vectors, but also they are bigger than expected, thus exceeding the
corresponding rectangular shape. Since I do not have time now to
correct all of them, if we will print this poster it will be based on
the PNG file.

> At the time, I just read all the info from the Debian site, details
> from my own use of Debian, and started to ask lots of questions on the
> Debian-devel list. I did not ask for any formal permission as I did
> not know if that is what would have been required and at the time I
> was just making it for personal use. I felt that I should at least add
> some of the names of some of the people who I asked. I also tried to
> add attribution to the quotes in the diagram. I guess I have not
> formally thought about the license but I do want to use a copyleft
> license. Maybe CC-BY?

I am not a license expert, so I can not give you any advice, sorry.

> Hope its useful.

Sure, and thank you again.

Gaudenz: should we print this poster or none? Since you are in contact
with the OpenExpo organizers, I will let you choose :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca