Re: [last call] Debian at OpenExpo, 24. - 25.3.2010 in Bern

From: Kevin Mark <kevin.mark_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:18:08 -0400

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:36:27AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I cc:ed Kevin Mark and Michael Casadevall since I have used their
> material. Guys, there are questions for you below ;-)
>
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:15:45 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> > Going back to the organization, I have added some points to the wiki
> > page at <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDe/2010/OpenExpo>:
> [...]
> > 2) I have a poster (A0, I think), bought a long time ago and based on a
> > design by Ayo, ayo-debian_affiche_v5a_small.png at
> > <http://73lab2.free.fr/debian_posters/>
> >
> > I can bring it, but since there is the possibility to have a free
> > poster thanks to the organizers, I will suggest to print a different
> > one, but based on which design? Should this be a general Debian
> > poster or something different?
> >
> > I can take care of this item, but before starting to work on a design
> > I would like other opinions...
>
> An attempt is available at:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~gismo/posters/The_Debian_Development_Process/
>
> It is basically the work of Kevin Mark, S. Müller, M. Schulze, G. von
> Brederlow, M. Krafft, F. Küster and J. Mouette back in 2005. The
> original image is available at:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/newdebian2.png
>
> Kevin Mark publicly linked it on two occasions in January 2009, in
> chronological order:
>
> http://ncommander.blogspot.com/2009/01/notes-from-underground-part-1.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/01/msg00148.html
>
> I simply removed the written title in the upper part of the image, since
> it was not clearly visible.
>
> Kevin (or any other author above): which license does it apply to your
> image? And do you have any SVG or other vector version available?
>
> Michael: I have included a copy of your blog post on my people.d.o space
> above, is it OK for you?
>
> I would add that even if this is maybe not anymore the situation, the
> graph is representative of all the Debian "packaging" world and it
> should be a very good reading on an A0 poster. Am I too naif?
>
> Thx, bye,
> Gismo / Luca
Hi,
If you go to here[0] I have a DIA source file. At the time, I just read all the
info from the Debian site, details from my own use of Debian, and started to
ask lots of questions on the Debian-devel list. I did not ask for any formal
permission as I did not know if that is what would have been required and at
the time I was just making it for personal use. I felt that I should at least
add some of the names of some of the people who I asked. I also tried to add
attribution to the quotes in the diagram. I guess I have not formally thought
about the license but I do want to use a copyleft license. Maybe CC-BY?
Hope its useful.
-Kev
http://mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/newdebian2.dia

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux == | http://kevix.myopenid.com      |
| : :' :     The Universal OS    | mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/ |