Re: [last call] Debian at OpenExpo, 24. - 25.3.2010 in Bern

From: Luca Capello <luca_at_pca.it>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 01:36:27 +0100

Hi there!

I cc:ed Kevin Mark and Michael Casadevall since I have used their
material. Guys, there are questions for you below ;-)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:15:45 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Going back to the organization, I have added some points to the wiki
> page at <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDe/2010/OpenExpo>:
[...]
> 2) I have a poster (A0, I think), bought a long time ago and based on a
> design by Ayo, ayo-debian_affiche_v5a_small.png at
> <http://73lab2.free.fr/debian_posters/>
>
> I can bring it, but since there is the possibility to have a free
> poster thanks to the organizers, I will suggest to print a different
> one, but based on which design? Should this be a general Debian
> poster or something different?
>
> I can take care of this item, but before starting to work on a design
> I would like other opinions...

An attempt is available at:

  http://people.debian.org/~gismo/posters/The_Debian_Development_Process/

It is basically the work of Kevin Mark, S. Müller, M. Schulze, G. von
Brederlow, M. Krafft, F. Küster and J. Mouette back in 2005. The
original image is available at:

  http://mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/newdebian2.png

Kevin Mark publicly linked it on two occasions in January 2009, in
chronological order:

  http://ncommander.blogspot.com/2009/01/notes-from-underground-part-1.html
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/01/msg00148.html

I simply removed the written title in the upper part of the image, since
it was not clearly visible.

Kevin (or any other author above): which license does it apply to your
image? And do you have any SVG or other vector version available?

Michael: I have included a copy of your blog post on my people.d.o space
above, is it OK for you?

I would add that even if this is maybe not anymore the situation, the
graph is representative of all the Debian "packaging" world and it
should be a very good reading on an A0 poster. Am I too naif?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca