Re: [last call] Debian at OpenExpo, 24. - 25.3.2010 in Bern

From: Luca Capello <luca_at_pca.it>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:15:45 +0100

Hi there!

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:31:07 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:58:29PM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
>> My main problem is the same for everything German-related: I do not
>> speak German, unfortunately. Nevertheless, I could manage to be there,
>> but only on Thursday, March 25th.
>
> As Joey already said, I don't think this would be a problem. Most of the
> visitors will speak english and hopefully the suisse romandie will be
> present as well. You even speak two of the official languages of
> Switzerland!

Maybe I was not clear, but I think that a person not speaking the main
language is not the best situation ever, especially on the first day and
then it is necessary to actually organize stuff.

That being said, I have no problem attending an event in any other
language, as I have already done in the past.

> Please add you availablility to the wiki page.

Done.

>> Gaudenz, do you know if it is possible to staff the booth on Tuesday,
>> March 24th? I could come to Bern and help you on Tuesday afternoon,
>> then go back to Genève (I must be there on Wednesday morning) and be at
>> the booht on Thursday, helping packing/cleaning everything once the expo
>> will be done.
>
> Could you be there on Wednesday afternoon? You could sleep at my place
> if you want.

I do not know when I will have finished with the meeting I have on
Wednesday morning, but I think I can be at OpenExpo around 14:00.

> AFAIK it would be possible to set up the booth on Tuesday. I don't know
> if it's needed for such a small booth though.

Well, if you think you are able to put everything in place alone, I can
come on Wednesday afternoon and stay until Thursday evening or Friday
morning.

> With Luca, Marc and myself we are nearly there to have enough personel for the
> booth. Martin, Didier or Daniel could one of you be there on Wednesday?
> As a special plus there is a party (last time with free Free Beer) on
> Wednesday evening.

This will be a plus to convince me to come on Wednesday afternoon ;-)

Going back to the organization, I have added some points to the wiki