Re: Debian at the Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2010 (2010-03-13 to -14, Chemnitz, Germany)

From: Ferdinand Thommes <devil_at_sidux.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:50:30 +0100

Am Freitag 12 Februar 2010 14:38:29 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:32:56PM +0100, Ferdinand Thommes wrote:
> > > PS: Anybody cared for contacting the Sidux people. I remember that we
> > > might have done a bit more of coordination with these guys last
> > > year.
> >
> > Hi Andreas,
> > looking at the floorplan debian and sidux are next to each other as i
> > asked for when applying for a booth
>
> That's like the last two years. But sitting next to each other is not
> really a "coordination", right. ;-)

You are right of course.
We had a good working shared booth with debian at last years LT in Berlin that i
planned together with Alexander Wirt.
A good idea for me is to sent users to each other if appropriate.
For example if a visitor asks for a server setup i would send him to your table.
vice versa debian could sent people with need for very current packages/kernels
to sidux. Imho it is a good thing to show that debian has offsprings that stay
close to the codebase but still allow a different experience of debian.

regards
ferdi