Bits from the FOSDEM booth organiser (was: Re: FOSDEM booth)

From: Axel Beckert <abe_at_deuxchevaux.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:53:04 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 03:26:22PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> So with my FOSDEM booth organizer hat on, I would like to have:
>
> * Lots of Booth staff
>
> Please add yourself to the list on
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/FOSDEM/2010 in case you want to
> help out at the FOSDEM booth.

Since we have now at least some volunteers (Thanks to Sledge for
acvtivating the British Cabal! And of course also thanks to all others
who want to help! :-), I started a preliminary booth schedule on that
wiki page.

I would happy if all those who already volunteered would have a look
at the schedule and fill as many blanks as possible with other
characters than blanks. :-)

Of course all future volunteers should add themself to the preliminary
booth schedule, too.

We especially need some less keysigning-crazy booth staff who can take
the shift during the KSP (Sunday 12-14).

> I plan to have no hard booth schedule (maybe a list who'll care when
> about the booth as main responsible person) but instead trust on
> people being at the booth not to lie when they get asked how long
> they will stay at the booth.

The main purpose of this preliminary booth schedule is to see, if we
have enough people during whole FOSDEM.

I would like to have one booth responsible person for every 2h shift.
This person does not need to be there always, but should be at the
beginning and the end of the shift and the person should find someone
who temporarily cares about the booth in case (s)he leaves the booth
for lunch or a lightning talk, etc.

I'll do that for at least setting up the booth as well as for taking
it down, but I would be happy to also see others as booth responsibles
for one or two shifts.

> * Merchandising Stuff, at least some from the British, Swiss and
> German Collection. Will contact formorer and maybe also Steve and
> gismo.

More or less organised. We'll have at least around 300 t-shirts from
UK, Germany and Switzerland to sell.

> * More Hardware to display

We'll have at least three boxes to display which should be okay. One
more wouldn't be bad, though, although more than five boxes would too
many.

We still need some transportation for one or two Sparcs from Eindhoven
(NL) on Saturday morning or earlier. Anyone heading down from the west
of NL to FOSDEM who could bring Joost's hardware to FOSDEM? (He'll
only be there on Sunday.)

                Regards, Axel

\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe_at_deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)