Re: FOSDEM booth

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:44:59 +0100

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 03:26:22PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 11:39:53PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > We have a 2-table booth at FOSDEM. Ideas for what to do with it are
> > welcome.
>
> I could bring my EeeBox running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD Sid. Unfortunately
> the tiny MicroClients I had at FOSDEM 2008 both broke in the
> meanwhile. But the EeeBox is backpack compatible, too, and much
> faster. :-)
>
> Depending on how I travel to FOSDEM (car or train) I can only bring an
> 8" 640x480 flat screen, so it would be good if someone from closeby
> can offer to bring a bigger screen in case I come by train.

I have a 25.5" 1920x1200 screen. Will that do? ;-)

> > Someone to handle it, too, since I got kindof sucked into managing
> > the two cross-distro developers' rooms, which is likely to eat much
> > of my time.
>
> Okay, I'll try it.
>
> Feels a little bit like a challenge for me, since until now I have
> only organized booths at smaller events and only was staff at the
> FOSDEM booth before. (Well, at least once I felt like running the
> booth mostly myself, can't remember if I also really did ;-)

If you've already organized booths, then this should not be too hard for
you, I guess.

> I created the following two pages since I haven't found any FOSDEM
> related pages in the Debian wiki -- except the Video team's pages.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/FOSDEM/2010
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/FOSDEM

Indeed; in the past, I've not organized the booth or the talk schedule
through the wiki. But of course you're welcome to organize how you think
is best...

[...]
> I also have a few questions to Wouter:
>
> * Do we get table cloths from FOSDEM or do we have to bring some
> ourself?

Bring them ourself. All we get is a table and one power outlet.

> * Is already known where the booth will be?

No, that'll be at the event.

> * Any wise words from a long-standing Debian FOSDEM booth organizer?
> :-)

Er, I've mainly delegated that responsibility in the past, too. But hey :-)

I'll forward you the mail with the information, and will inform the
booth people at FOSDEM that you'll be the contact for the booth from now
on.

Thanks for taking this on!

trying to fool the system.