Re: [Fwd: 6. Brandenburger Linux-Infotag: Call for Paper]

From: <devil_at_sidux.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:56:54 +0200

Am Freitag, 31. Juli 2009 13:55:11 schrieb Sebastian Harl:
> Hi Hauke,
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:58:58PM +0200, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> > I'm not a DD (yet). Are there any objections to me preparing a booth for
> > this event?
>
> By no means you have to be a DD to prepare a booth. Imho, there's
> nothing to be said against you running a booth if you assume there will
> be other people around to help out staffing the booth.
>
> > I just talked to 'devil' on #debian.de -- he's going to have
> > a sidux booth there. After LinuxTag2009 in Berlin together with sidux I
> > think it's worth the idea working together with them again.
>
> Joining efforts sounds like a good idea to me. Imho, it would be nice if
> somebody (e.g. formorer or devil) could provide some feedback about how
> things went at LinuxTag 2009.

Hi there,
glad to do so.
My idea was always to join forces on conventions both projects show at because
sidux is quite close to Debian compared with Ubuntu. IMHO its technical
relationship is a lot closer to grml, even if we do aim more at the desktop.
What got the Debian/sidux booth at LinuxTag 2009 going was this thread on
debian-events:
http://www.nabble.com/Disappointment-about-the-appearance-of-our-CLT-booth-
td22657421.html#a23073305
After that i talked to Alexander Wirt (foromer) and we made a shared
Debian/sidux booth happen at LinuxTag 2009 in Berlin that worked really well
from my point of view. Both projects did their own support for their project,
but i am sure we could have exchanged supporters if needed.
All in all the booth was just busy, well supported at all times and hummed
along fine with no problems afaik. If there was any, please, formorer, step up
and let us know. We also had talk in a room that was really hard to find about
missunderstandings between the projects. Sadly formorer was the only attendant
for Debian and sidux was about 10 people strong. So we did him in quite well.
Nah, just joking :)
Kuroi brought a chocolate cake with a debian swirl and a chili (sidux=hot and
spicey) ;) which i dealt out after the meeting where formorer made some points
that we are working on for better relationship.
All in all it was a pleasant convention, at least for me.

greetz
ferdi

--
Ferdi Thommes