Unsigned Music News Issue #1

From: musicunsigned <musicunsigned_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:44:17 -0400

Your Email client is not formatted to view HTML emails. We have included the text email of the message.

        Hi

        We'd like to invite you to join our quarterly unsigned music guide,

        The idea of the guide is to provide a completely free platform for
unsigned musicians to share their music, views and ideas, and to bring
the best in unsigned music to you!

        We have taken some reviews, news and ideas from some popular
websites to bring to you a sample of the type of contents we would
like to provide in the future.

        Please feel free to send coments idea's reviews and music for the
next issue to unsignednews_at_googlemail.com [1]

        This first issue has a Manchester Bands Focus

        thanks again the Unsigned News Team

        SAMPLE ISSUE #1

        NEWS

         The hotest news on the circuit at the moment is the green man
competition

        GREEN MAN COMPETITION

        Well forget X Factor and all those rubbish TV talent shows - Green
Poll 2009 [2] is here and the search is on to find the best new band
or act to get the Green Man party started.

        HOW CAN I VOTE?

        Anybody can vote so long as they registered with a username and
password on the Green Poll microsite. Each user is limited to _one
vote per band per day _and once you have voted we will enter you into
a prize draw for a pair of free tickets for the Green Man 2009. You
will be notified via email by August 1 2009 if you are a winner.

        Good luck - may the spirit of the GREEN MAN be with you!

        Click here for Green Poll [3] ***We'd love to hear from you - please
get in touch via our contact page with your feedback or to report any
problems with the Green Poll site.***

        http://www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk/greenpoll/ [4]

         SOME GREAT MANCHESTER BANDS IN THE GREEN MAN POLL!

I AM THREE [5]
 MUSIC IS ABOUT SHARING IMAGINATION, THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, CAPTURING
MOMENTS OF CREATIVITY AND INSPIRATION.

THE NIGHTJARS [6]
 DEBUT SINGLE - INDIE SINGLE OF THE WEEK (PICCADILLY RECORDS) DEBUT
MINI-ALBUM - ALBUM OF THE WEEK (THE BIG ISSUE) BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST OF
2007 (BBC MANCHESTER)

THE CARLETONS [7]
 ANNIE MAC\' AND NICK GRIMSHAWS RADIO 1 HOUSE BAND OF THE WEEK, ONCE
IN 2008 AND ANOTHER IN 2009. XFM\'S UNSIGNED BAND OF THE WEEK 2009

THE RAGAMUFFINS [8]
 THE RAGAMUFFINS ARE A VIBRANT INFECTIOUS FOUR PIECE BAND WHO EXIST
BETWEEN LIVERPOOL AND MANCHESTER AND MAKE NOISE AND WAVES IN BOTH. [9]

CAULBEARERS [10]
 SELF- DESCRIBED AS "ARCHAIC FUNK FABLES AND DUB MIGRATIONS...

        REVIEWS

        Please visit www.music-dash.co.uk [11] for all the best and latest
Manchester bands reviews

        OPEN HEARTS *** Album Of The Week Extra *** [12]
 23 June 2009 / Melodic / 11 Trk Download (CD/LP expected October
2009)
 :: The Longcut ::
 24 hours ago The Longcut suddenly announced the immediate release of
their second album. Angrier, harder, more f**ked up but more
heartfelt, it's The Longcut we knew and loved only more so. Out now,
the above date is just to get it at the top of the page.

        TRAVELS WITH MYSELF AND ANOTHER [13]
 22 June 2009 / 4 AD / 12 trk CD
 :: Future Of The Left ::
 Future Of The Left continue to blow up in your face with a heft
pedigree

        DIE TONIGHT [14]
 22 June 2009 / Kids / 5 Trk Remix CD
 :: Defend Moscow ::
 Respectable slice of leftfield fluffy pop, accompanied by some
fairly useless dance mixes

        EVERYTHING IS NEW [15]
 22 June 2009 / XL / 9 Trk CD
 :: Jack Peate ::
 Nine tracks on this album is short change indeed, but if it is any
consolation, every track is a potential single

        CLOCKS SCREAM [16]
 22 June 2009 / Demo / 3 Trk CDR
 :: Lost Calm ::
 Pretty epic, built on crashing chords and bubbling emotion

        THE ETERNAL * album of the week * [17]
 22 June 2009 / Matador Records / 12 Trk CD
 :: Sonic Youth ::
 There's no reason why "The Eternal" can not be marked down as one of
their truly classic albums

        AMBIVALENCE AVENUE [18]
 22 June 2009 / Warp / 12 Trk CD
 :: Bibio ::
 An unsteady album, dripping in folk and funk and wobbling on a bed
of psychedelic electronica

        FITS [19]
 22 June 2009 / Full Time Hobby / 12 Trk CD
 :: White Denim ::
 Austin Texas trio White Denim serve up a good album - maybe not as
good as Workout Holiday but good enough..

        ALL THE PLANS [20]
 22 June 2009 / Virgin (EMI) / 3 Trk CD
 :: Starsailor ::
 "...married life and international politics are some of the key
ingredients...We've tried to write classic songs..." Ahemm >>

        YOUR HEART FEELS [21]
 22 June 2009 / Sea You Records / 1 Trk CD
 :: Thieves Like Us ::
 Broken melodies and throbbing two note basslines taken straight from
an early 80's New Order remix

        STAND IN YOUR SHOES [22]
 22 June 2009 / Heist / 2 trk CD
 :: Love Like Fire ::
 Eloquent, but marvellously simple new alternative rock

        NEW HOPES, NEW DEMONSTRATIONS [23]
 22 June 2009 / Epitah / 11 Trk CD
 :: The Ghost Of A Thousand ::
 Brighton, England - home to the crushing chords and distorted
widescreen rock of The Ghost Of A Thousand

        FOR OUR ELEGANT CASTE [24]
 22 June 2009 / Polyvinyl / 1 Trk CD
 :: Of Montreal ::
 A decent romp of falsetto and wonky funk, ferried along on a neatly
bobbing fusion of electronica

        BETTER THAN LIFE [25]
 22 June 2009 / Demo / 4 Trk CDR
 :: Lazy Two ::
 The name of the band is a little awkward but the music, I reckon
could take the duo very far indeed

        ALL DRESSED UP * demo of the week * [26]
 22 June 2009 / Demo / 3 Trk CDR
 :: Ian Adamson ::
 There's nothing complicated about the song structures on Ian
Adamson's songs - but it works

        MYSPACE TIPS

        http://www.myspace.com/thenouvelles [27]

        "THE BAND EVERYONES TALKING ABOUT...SEEM TO JUSTIFY (THEIR)
BOASTS...A BAND WITH GENUINE POTENTIAL TO DO RATHER WELL...NOT ONE
WEAK SONG IN THEIR SET, SOON EVERYONE WILL EITHER LOVE THEM OR HATE
THEM!" - CATH AUBERGINE, MANCHESTER\'S NO. 1 ALTERNATIVE MUSIC
JOURNALIST

        www.myspace.com/okdeadman [28].

        Ok Deadman was formed in the summer of 2008 by long time musical
cohorts JACOB CORDINGLEY (guitar/vocals) and BENJAMIN HUNTER (guitar)
and a couple of guys they met on the internet ED KIBBLEWHITE (bass)
and LEE CORFEILD (drums). Lee left the band soon after and was
replaced by PAUL WATERS, who himself left in February 2009.

        INTRODUCING ON YOUTUBE

        THE MOODS

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7wVzDNH7U [29]

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdaFWIxOhVg [30]

        MAXIMO PARK

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYkiZ4a1oQ">

NEW MANCHESTER BANDS FROM THE BBC

        VENGEANCE COLLECTIVE [33]

        Introducing Vengeance Collective, whose sound is "topped with a
grimy veneer and streetwise lyrics"

        Cyril Snear [34]

        Introducing Cyril Snear, who make music that is "sometimes ambient,
sometimes heavy".

EMPTY SET [36]

        Introducing Empty Set, a duo split between Manchester and London who
write about love and physics.

YOUNG BRITISH ARTISTS [38]

        Introducing Young British Artists, who are turning heads with their
"amplified sound".

VIRUS SYNDICATE [40]

        Introducing... Virus Syndicate, who've come a long way from being
"just a mic and decks in a shed."

WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS [42]

        Introducing We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists, a trio from
Salford, Sweden and America.

INSIDE VIEW [44]

        Introducing Inside View, who started with a conversation online
about bands they liked.

THE MOSS PROJECT [46]

        Introducing The Moss Project, who perform "challenging and engaging
new music".

LOST KNIVES [48]

        Introducing Lost Knives, who make what they call "pop music to
soundtrack an apocalypse".

A BEAR [50]

        Introducing A Bear, a trio of friends playing "some sort of
post-hardcore".

        THE ULTIMATE MUSIC RESOURCES AND SOURCES FOR THIS MAGAZINE

        www.recordoftheday.com [52]

        www.reverbnation.com [53]

        www.last.fm [54]

        www.music-dash.co.uk [55]

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/introducing/bands/index.shtml [56]

        This is the footer

        Curabitur quam. Donec diam erat, placerat non, adipiscing a, rhoncus
ut, nibh. Nunc dolor diam, egestas non, accumsan in, volutpat sit
amet, ipsum. Nulla facilisi. Nulla id enim. Fusce mattis, augue sit
amet faucibus Nunc dolor diam, egestas non, accumsan in, volutpat sit
amet, ipsum. Nulla facilisi. Nulla id enim. Fusce mattis, augue sit
amet faucibus

Links:
------
[1] mailto:unsignednews_at_googlemail.com
[2] http://www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk/greenpoll
[3] http://www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk/greenpoll
[4] http://www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk/greenpoll/
[5]
http://WWW.THEGREENMANFESTIVAL.CO.UK/GREENPOLL/?Q=ARTIST/I-AM-THREE
[6]
http://WWW.THEGREENMANFESTIVAL.CO.UK/GREENPOLL/?Q=ARTIST/THE-NIGHTJARS
[7]
http://WWW.THEGREENMANFESTIVAL.CO.UK/GREENPOLL/?Q=ARTIST/THE-CARLETONS
[8]
http://WWW.THEGREENMANFESTIVAL.CO.UK/GREENPOLL/?Q=ARTIST/THE-RAGAMUFFINS
[9] http://WWW.THEGREENMANFESTIVAL.CO.UK/GREENPOLL/CONTACT?U=8717
[10]
http://WWW.THEGREENMANFESTIVAL.CO.UK/GREENPOLL/?Q=ARTIST/CAULBEARERS
[11] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/
[12] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6247
[13] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6233
[14] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6234
[15] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6235
[16] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6236
[17] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6237
[18] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6238
[19] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6239
[20] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6240
[21] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6241
[22] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6242
[23] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6243
[24] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6244
[25] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6245
[26] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/releases/release.asp?item=6246
[27] http://www.myspace.com/thenouvelles
[28] http://www.myspace.com/okdeadman
[29] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7wVzDNH7U
[30] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdaFWIxOhVg
[31] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYkiZ4a1oQ&fmt=18
[32]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/05/12/vengeance_collective_introducing_feature.shtml
[33]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/05/12/VENGEANCE_COLLECTIVE_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[34]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/05/12/cyril_snear_introducing_feature.shtml
[35]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/05/12/cyril_snear_introducing_feature.shtml
[36]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/05/12/EMPTY_SET_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[37]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/05/12/empty_set_introducing_feature.shtml
[38]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/04/30/YOUNG_BRITISH_ARTISTS_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[39]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/04/30/young_british_artists_introducing_feature.shtml
[40]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/03/17/VIRUS_SYNDICATE_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[41]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/03/17/virus_syndicate_introducing_feature.shtml
[42]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/03/17/WDNNW_TERRORISTS_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[43]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/03/17/wdnnw_terrorists_introducing_feature.shtml
[44]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/03/17/INSIDE_VIEW_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[45]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/03/17/inside_view_introducing_feature.shtml
[46]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/03/17/THE_MOSS_PROJECT_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[47]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/03/17/the_moss_project_introducing_feature.shtml
[48]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/04/20/LOST_KNIVES_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[49]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/04/20/lost_knives_introducing_feature.shtml
[50]
http://WWW.BBC.CO.UK/MANCHESTER/CONTENT/ARTICLES/2009/03/03/A_BEAR_INTRODUCING_FEATURE.SHTML
[51]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2009/03/03/a_bear_introducing_feature.shtml
[52] http://www.recordoftheday.com/
[53] http://www.reverbnation.com/
[54] http://www.last.fm/
[55] http://www.music-dash.co.uk/
[56] http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/introducing/bands/index.shtml

This email message is powered by FanBridge:
http://www.FanBridge.com/b.php?id=121918
Free Email and Mobile fan list management for bands.