Re: using Debian money to buy and handle booth stuff (Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth)

From: Nico Golde <nico_at_ngolde.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:39:51 +0100

Hi,
* Steve McIntyre <steve_at_einval.com> [2009-03-23 18:33]:
> Holger wrote:
> >On Montag, 23. März 2009, Michael Banck wrote:
> >On Sonntag, 22. März 2009, Michael Meskes wrote:
> >> Where do we have CDs that could have been send?
> >
> >(AFAIK we dont have any yet.)
> >
> >Maybe this would be a good opportunity to spend some Debian money on (see
> >thread on -vote), to produce 1-2000 lenny DVDs or so?
>
> Is it really worth spending a lot of money on DVDs to give away? Our
> experience in the UK is that it's just not worth it: the vast majority
> just get dropped in the bin. We used to sell CDs and DVDs, but even
> that has stopped these days. Anybody (just about!) who's interested in
> trying a distro will have enough broadband or similar, so we don't
> bother carrying them around any more. People come to talk to us, or to
> ask for help with problems, or to get their keys signed, or to buy
> T-shirts.
>
> Is it really this different in Germany?

I think this strongly depends on the part of Germany in
which the exhibition takes place, broadband internet
connection varies a lot in Germany. We had quite some people
at the booth who still use ISDN and are not able to download
large amounts.

Cheers
Nico

--