Re: using Debian money to buy and handle booth stuff (Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth)

From: Steve McIntyre <steve_at_einval.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:50:42 +0000

Holger wrote:
>On Montag, 23. März 2009, Michael Banck wrote:
>On Sonntag, 22. März 2009, Michael Meskes wrote:
>> Where do we have CDs that could have been send?
>
>(AFAIK we dont have any yet.)
>
>Maybe this would be a good opportunity to spend some Debian money on (see
>thread on -vote), to produce 1-2000 lenny DVDs or so?

Is it really worth spending a lot of money on DVDs to give away? Our
experience in the UK is that it's just not worth it: the vast majority
just get dropped in the bin. We used to sell CDs and DVDs, but even
that has stopped these days. Anybody (just about!) who's interested in
trying a distro will have enough broadband or similar, so we don't
bother carrying them around any more. People come to talk to us, or to
ask for help with problems, or to get their keys signed, or to buy
T-shirts.

Is it really this different in Germany?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve_at_einval.com
"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess