Re: Preliminary Debian booth schedule for Systems

From: Michael Banck <mbanck_at_debian.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:17:34 +0200

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:59:48AM +0200, Thomas Templin wrote:
> > I think that should be fine, isn't it?
>
> I would add the nicknames of the people.
> Nicknames are an aspect which stands for the coolness / sexyness of Debian and
> the people behind. Especially if you ask young people.
> Just my 2¢

I am not sure why we did not add them last year, I think thought that at
an expo like Systems, it is very unlikely that people would recognize us
by our nicknames, and they would only confuse casual visitors.

> Do you have Debian bizcards at the booth? I would suggest having
> them. - It's a good point to note the Debian URLs, e.g.
> www.debian.org and wiki.debian.org. - people to whoom you may give
> them may use the blank back side to note Names email addr.s and phone
> nrs. - Also an URL of SPI might be of interest to bring a donation to
> mind later on (german: Um eine mögliche Spende in Erinnerung zu
> bringen)

That's a very nice idea (I'd add ffis eV rather, though, for german
events), but I am not sure we can execute it until next year. I've
noted it down in the wiki now if somebody wants to pick it up for this
year's Systems. Otherwise, it should be done for future events, IMHO.

thanks,

Michael