Re: [linux@marcrenearns.de: LinuxTag 2007: patronage of Wolfgang Schäuble may damage opensource image]

From: W. Borgert <debacle_at_debian.org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:21:47 +0000

Hi,

> From: Marc Rene Arns <linux_at_marcrenearns.de>
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:51:44 +0200
>
> If you want to keep damage from the reputation of the opensource movement,
> I suggest to inform yourself about the issue and communicate with the
> representatives of your community participating in the LinuxTag 2007,
> especially the speakers, to ask the LinuxDay to either revoke the patronage
> or cancel the participation.

IMHO, we, Debian, should participate in LinuxTag anyway. If
somebody feels that a protest against the Schaeuble doctrine is
justified, it is better to articulate it there, not at home in
the bath tub. Note, that many people at LinuxTag may agree with
Schaeuble or are not interested in the matter at all. If one
likes to convince people, do it there, face to face.

Btw. does s/o already ITP the "Bundestrojanhorse"? If it runs
on Windows only, Debian users might feel not taken serious.

Cheers,

--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/