Re: Paperback Cover

From: Meike Reichle <meike_at_alphascorpii.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:26:05 +0200

Hi Jens

> I've uploaded an example prototype cover I created this weekend.
>
> http://www.mrtux.de/lfa/Debian/cover_front_2007-small.png

Nice cover, I like it. Maybe if the "4" would also somehow be
symbolised. Maybe by tux jumping at the 4th block and etch coming out of
it or so ... No concrete idea.

Anyway. one tiny remark: It was when we did the Debconf6 logo when Phil
Hands told us, that there we were using the wrong swirl for our logo.
Apparently there is a wrong one in circulation, that looks a little bit
different from the real one. For the background see the original mail at
http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20060504.141541.8d6b7b7f.en.html

I think you used the "wrong" swirl also, you can recognise it by its
"fat tail". For comparison:

Wrong: http://people.debian.org/~hmh/debian-tshirts/swirl.png
Right: http://home.kpnplanet.nl/~shiems@kpnplanet.nl/debianlogo.gif

Regards,