Re: Television needed for a PS3

From: Geert Stappers <stappers_at_stappers.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:10:24 +0100

Op 22-02-2007 om 00:27 schreef Aurélien GÉRÔME:
> Hi Geert,

Hello People who have time for this,

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:30:14PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > > As Sven Luther do not send mails on debian list.
> >
> > I just saw http://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2007/02/msg00035.html
>
> And what would be your point? I only see a post offering help with
> hardware. I hope you do not imply by fingerpointing that help is
> unwelcome.

There was indeed emotion in my response.
And it is still in this message.

Sven Luther did choose himself to not post two months on Debian mailinglist.
As Debian is about freedom, he is free to do such stupid things.

That his choice does harm the Debian project does make me angry.

This E-mail thread should be about a television for a Playstation 3
during FOSDEM. With content like which kind of cable is needed, SCART or
Antena.

But the E-mail thread started with
 "Sven Luther does not send to Debian lists"

The tone for the music was there. I could have let it go, I choose to
make the obseveration that Sven Luther _does_ post on Debian mailinglist.

Back to the original question:
> And what would be your point?

The obvious thing of a decision.
Sven decided for himself to not post on Debian mailinglists.
His choice, his problem.

Back to original intend of the start of this thread:

| The Sony Playstation three, PS3 for short, is a game console.
| It does have a PowerPC processor and runs Linux.
|
| Sven Luther will bring one to FOSDEM and he asks if he can
| borrow/loan a television for demonstrating it.

And then we have the thing that does make me angry:

Who to contact for furhter information?

Sven Luther is the one who knows about the video cables. He is also the
one that does (choose to) NOT communicate through mailinglists.

His choice be came our problem.

Geert Stappers