FOSDEM: talk schedule, booth, some more stuff.

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter+planet_at_debian.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:48:37 +0100

Hi,

This is to announce the schedule for talks in the Debian Devroom at the
upcoming FOSDEM, on the 24th and 25th of February.

We'll be having the room on friday from 14h15 up to 19h00, and on sunday
from 09h00 up to 18h00. Right now, we have 12 talks scheduled for a
total of 11h30, as follows:

Saturday
========

Afternoon: 14:15 - 19:00: 4h45
------------------------------

14:15 - 15:15: Luk Claes, "Testing migration"
15:15 - 16:15: Jeroen Van Wolffelaar, "mole"
16:15 - 17:00: Holger Levsen: "Comeback of the formerly Finnish Inquisition:
        What's new with piuparts this year?"
17:00 - 18:00: Paul Sladen & Michael Vogt: "Apt-get me faster: Delta Upgrades
        without the Rsync"
18:00 - 19:00: Daniel Pocock: "Open Source VoIP"

Sunday
======

Morning: 09:00 - 12:00: 3h
--------------------------

09:00 - 10:00: Fabio Mancinelli: "Formal Dependency Management in Debian
        Package Repositories"
10:00 - 11:00: Martin F. Krafft: "Netconf"
11:00 - 12:00: Enrico Zini: "Secret debian internals"

Afternoon: 13u - 18u: 5h
------------------------

13:00 - 14:00: Sven Luther: "A reflection on the kernel, and its relationship
        with d-i in lenny and beyond"
14:00 - 15:00: Martin Michlmayr: "Running Debian on Inexpensive Network
        Storage Devices"
15:00 - 15:45: Peter De Schrijver: "Let's port together. Debian fun for
        everyone" (still needs abstract!)

15:45 - 16:00: short break

16:00 - 17:00: Frans Pop: "Automating installations using preseeding in
        Debian Intaller"
17:00 - 18:00: still available

As you can see, there is only one more slot available. I do think it's
appropriate to hold a lunch break on sunday; however, if it turns out
that most people disagree (and there is a request for more than one our
of additional talks), I'd be happy to change that.

With the devroom out of the way, I guess it's time to start worrying
about the booth. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to it that
yet, since I considered it too early on previous occasions; but it's
about time to start organizing our booth now, too.

I've had some offers from people to help man the booth already, and some
ideas of stuff we could do there, but it's far from enough.

Steve McIntyre told me he'd be bringing T-shirts again which could be
sold; that's a good start. Steve, can you confirm that this is still
going to happen?

Thomas Lange suggested showing off FAI on the booth. I don't think
that's ever been done at FOSDEM before, and it might be a nice idea, so
I'd welcome it. Thomas, is that offer still up for consideration?

Unless I'm forgetting something, this is everything, however. We're
receiving two tables (that are 2m wide each), so I do feel that more is
needed. Any suggestions?

People who are interested in manning the booth are invited to send me a
mail. Like previous times, I'd suggest that "manning the booth" means
that for the hour you're assigned to the booth, you are supposed to be
responsible for the money and for the goods; this means that you must
not leave it, even if there are five other people helping you at that
time, which I expect to happen regardless. I'd still need about 10-15
people to do this.

Moreover, this year I'm also going to ask if some people are interested
in being the host at the DevRoom for a few hours. The previous two
years I did this all myself for the whole weekend, but last year I
missed a number of other things that went on in other places because of
this; so this time I'd like it if others could join in here. About two
or three should do it.

Thanks,

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22