Re: [OT] WANTED: old 2.5" disk (maybe at FOSDEM)

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 15:55:00 CET

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:52:10PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I know this is slightly off-topic but with FOSDEM coming up and lots
> of people going there, I was wondering if anyone has a spare 2.5" hard
> drive they no longer need. I'm working on debian-installer support
> for the Netwinder (an old ARM based thin client with a 2.5" disk) and
> my 2.5" disk recently died so I cannot test installations anymore.
> Size doesn't matter at all... (anything > 500 MB will do). Maybe
> someone has a disk in an old laptop they no longer need?

I have three of them; two 300M thingies from an old 486 laptop (which
probably won't be useful, then) and one 2G disk which I received from
Osamu along with a 2,5"-to-3,5-link convertor bit; you can have the
disk, though the convertor bit is way too useful ;-).

> (Also looking for a PCI USB card, can be v1.1)

Have that too, though I'm not 100% sure it's still functional; it's been
laying in my box with scrap hardware that I keep around for replacement
parts in case hardware in live systems breaks; it contains hardware that
works, broken hardware that (erroneously) got thrown along with the
rest, and hardware that broke because of the way I threw it in there. I
don't think the USB card is part of one of the latter two categories,
though.

You're welcome to receive any of those, provided you let me know in time
(i.e., not after friday morning, preferably ASAP so that I have enough
time to search for it).

--
Fun will now commence