Re: Debian at Systems in Munich

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 02:32:44 CEST

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:04:08PM +0200, Roland Stigge wrote:
> Debian will have a booth at Systems 2005[1] in Munich during the week
> 24-28 October 2005. There are already some people from the local
> Debian-MUC group that will help to run the booth, but we are still
> looking for more volunteers.

Indeed, so far we are far too less to properly man the booth. Last
year's experience has shown that from around 11-16h two people are
probably needed at the booth, so there should be one morning and one
afternoon shift, and a third person being around at 11-16h.

> Please contact us[2] for further info.

Or just follow-up on debian-events-eu.

Concerning merchandise, we can get flyers and posters from credativ.

However, it appears that we do not have enough LT-DVDs left, so either
we find some fast way to burn CDs on-the-fly for interested people at
the booth, or we redirect people to the GNOME booth where Ubuntu CDs
will be handed out. Any ideas?

We will also need to think about hardware for the booth to demonstrate.
Last year, Shuttle donated hardware for the OpenSource projects, I am
not sure they will do so again. Does anybody else have an idea for
that?

Michael

--
Michael Banck