Re: Debian-Projekt auf der ApacheCon? [lars@apache.org]

From: Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 15:07:32 CEST

Hi!

Ok, I now have officially holidays for ApacheCon. :-)

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 12:40:37PM +0200, Meike Reichle wrote:
> >D) A place to sleep.
> >[...]
>
> Hmm, I don't have an idea right now. But I'll give it some thought.
> There is of course the ubiquitous youth hostel option but I don't know
> what kind of accomodation you elderly gentlemen are looking for ;)

I'm fine with a place for my iso mat and sleeping bag. Youth Hostel is
also fine for me.

On the 16th, I'm on a class reunion and quite a lot of us seem to live
in Stuttgart now. I can try to ask some of them. I also tried to reach
some other (more OSS related :-) people in Stuttgart, but I haven't
got a reply yet.

> >E) Evening program!
> >
> >I heard that there are nice possibilities to visit pubs with Apache
> >celebrities. ;-)
>
> I am sure we'll find something nice to do. With or without celebrities
> (My not knowing apache too well also provides me with a blissful
> ignorance concerning apache celebrities ;)

That's surely a good starting point.

> >F) Caffeine
> >
> >Anyones how the caffeine support at ApacheCon looks like? ;-)
>
> I assume it comes in cups.

*LOL*

> a (kind of) car (I don't have one myself and I think neither does Alexander)

Hmmm, Alexander AFAIK plans to be there on Tuesday already. I'll
probably come on Wednesday, so I can't take him with me towards
Stuttgart. But we may drive home together.

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 02:05:27PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> According to Lars Eilebrecht they expect arround 350 visitors. Taking
> in account that not all might be interested in Debian (at least I heard
> rumors about that ;) it might be a quite small event for us.

Small and calm. Fine. :-)

> > >But this isn't enough, I guess. A decent box or two with flat screens
> > >and/or a beamer are always fine. Tolimar: Any Standard Debian Booth
> > >Equipment available for this booth?
> > Dunno. Alexander?
>
> Beamer shouldn't be a problem.

Fine.

> > (My not knowing apache too well also provides me with a blissful
> > ignorance concerning apache celebrities ;)
>
> So we are going to know new people. Nice :)

I hope so. That's always fun. :-)

> > >Anyones how the caffeine support at ApacheCon looks like? ;-)
> > I assume it comes in cups.
>
> If everything (including cups) breaks, I have some caffeine tabletts ;)

We can break them too and share them. ;-))

> > a (kind of) car (I don't have one myself and I think neither does Alexander)
>
> I have a bike if that helps :)

Well, the Rhine and Neckar valley are very nice to travel by bike... ;-)

BTW: I also got a second box, which was planned to be an IPv6 router
at LinuxTag. The responsible (Patrick Jaeger from DaLUG) suggested, I
shall take it to ApacheCon for the Debian booth. So we already have
two boxes and if necessary one monitor. We can "overbrutzel" it. ;-)

                Regards, Axel

--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/