Re: Debian-Projekt auf der ApacheCon? [lars@apache.org]

From: Meike Reichle <mrei0999@uni-hildesheim.de>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 12:40:37 CEST

Hi again

> It seems as if getting those days free is possible for me, so I would
> like to come, too. I also bring some Apache and even Debian Apache
> knowledge with me. (But this knowledge is mostly restricted to Woody
> Apache knowledge yet. ;-)

Good!

> Some boxes with Debian and Apache, yes. ;-)

Very good!

> I have no idea how many visitors we have to expect and how big the
> booth will be, so it's hard to guess how many exhibition pieces we
> should have.

I think we should know that rather soon.

> Additionally I can provide one or two switches, a 20m TP cable,Great
> some smaller TP cables, some Mehrfachsteckdosen (what's that in
> English?), etc.

Power strip.

> But this isn't enough, I guess. A decent box or two with flat screens
> and/or a beamer are always fine. Tolimar: Any Standard Debian Booth
> Equipment available for this booth?

Dunno. Alexander?

> D) A place to sleep.
>
> I guess there isn't an AKK in Stuttgart, too. (I like to sleep in
> AKKs. ;-) Maybe I can ask some people I know in Stuttgart, but this is
> probably a short term option, because I meet most of them just the
> weekend before ApacheCon. So if anyone else has good connections to
> people living or even lives him or herself in or around Stuttgart it
> would be nice, to check, if there is some place left for us to
> sleep. I think, everything up to 25km is ok. (My brother lives about
> 90km away, so I think this isn't a real option.)

Hmm, I don't have an idea right now. But I'll give it some thought.
There is of course the ubiquitous youth hostel option but I don't know
what kind of accomodation you elderly gentlemen are looking for ;)

> E) Evening program!
>
> I heard that there are nice possibilities to visit pubs with Apache
> celebrities. ;-)

I am sure we'll find something nice to do. With or without celebrities
(My not knowing apache too well also provides me with a blissful
ignorance concerning apache celebrities ;)

> F) Caffeine
>
> Anyones how the caffeine support at ApacheCon looks like? ;-)

I assume it comes in cups.

Okay, so this adds to our little group:
1 apache competent person (woohoo!)
a bunch of hardware
a (kind of) car (I don't have one myself and I think neither does Alexander)

Very good, very good ...

Meike

--
Meike Reichle - University of Hildesheim
mail:	mrei0999@uni-hildesheim.de