Re: Apology to Joey and taking of full responsibility

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 22:24:20 CEST

Moin!

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Some might know, I missed my very own "Paybacktime - Wie man seinem
> Projekt helfen kann" talk on the last day of LinuxTag. Running on
> coffee, haven't slept much I refused to take responsibility for that
> guessing, that it might be the fault of unfortunate circumstances (while
> moving "my" part of the coding marathon from Friday to Saturday) and
> Joey (since I thought then, he gave me a time slot I hadn't asked for).
>
> Sadly I have been so aroused, that I used dirty words on Joey in public.

Umh? Well, I do make mistakes as well, so...

> After checking all the previous mails I found out indeed Joey did
> exactly as I told him to to.
>
> So I hereby take the full responsibility for missing my own talk, and I
> apologize deeply to Joey.

No. It's at least 50% my fault and my responsibility since I have
overloaded you. You don't need to take full responsibility for that
failure. We'll do better next time. I hope you've had a lot of fun
still.

> Joey, I'm terrible sorry for doing so (especially since you weren't
> there).

You could call me at any time during the show, you know? :)

> PS: No excuse, but a simple question out of curiosity: The community forum where I was
> about to to the talk, had a moderator (at least it had so the other day,
> when I did an other talk). Why didn't they phoned me or asked at our
> booth, when I didn't came to my talk?

Good question. I was phoned by the moderator one hour late. If I
would have been informed in time, I could have rushed in and give
the talk on my own. Without slides and stuff but with a good
explanation why you couldn't make it so nobody would lose ones face.

GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto