Re: Organising the booth at LinuxTag

From: Thijs Kinkhorst <kink@squirrelmail.org>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 11:25:16 CEST

On Wed, June 8, 2005 11:14, Martin Schulze wrote:
> As long as it's a soldier and properly recognisable I won't like
> it and I cannot approve it. Guess what, plastic soldiers represent real
> soldiers that kill people and invade other countries for whatever reason,
> non-existing weapons, existing oil, power, ego or whatnot. I cannot
> approve this.

Real soldiers are also involved in protecting countries and their
civilians and freeing countries from their oppressors. I am very grateful
for the soldiers that came to Europe to give their lives on the beaches of
France for freeing my country.

So soldiers can do both good and evil, see no intrinsic problem with them
per se.

Thijs