Re: Organising the booth at LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 11:14:50 CEST

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 10313 March 1977, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> >> (Yes Joey, I know that you hate the reference to the Sarge, but guess
> >> how the release on that thing is called? :) ).
> > I don't mind the reference to Sarge. I do mind a militaristic
> > design with soldiers. That reminds me much to much of a certain
> > country invading another for weapons they haven't found a trace
> > of years after. I don't want to support *that*.
>
> Its a plastic thing *without* any weapon, guess what Toy Story
> contains... Yes, a plastic soldier. :)

As long as it's a soldier and properly recognisable I won't like
it and I cannot approve it. Guess what, plastic soldiers represent
real soldiers that kill people and invade other countries for
whatever reason, non-existing weapons, existing oil, power, ego
or whatnot. I cannot approve this.

It's time to close the windows.