Re: Organising the booth at LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 08:20:24 CEST

I have no idea why it's always the same people who need to manage
things.

One week ago I wrote:

Martin Schulze wrote:
> Since LinuxTag is coming closer with each day we should not only start
> with booth plans but finalise our plans.
>
> What do we actually want to demonstrate at the booth?

nothing decided.

> How many machines do we need for this to happen?

nothing decided.

> How many people should be at the booth?
> I.e. how many people should *not* be at the booth in order to leave
> some space for visitors? Will there be regular shifts again?

nothing decided.

> Who can offer what kinds of machines?
> We cannot accept all hardware offers since space is limited at the
> Debian booth, hence, somebody will have to make a decision which
> hardware to use and which to discard.

nothing decided.

> Will there be guided demonstrations or installations at the booth?
> If so, what will actually be demonstrated? What kind of hardware is
> required for this? How often should it happen? Where and how will
> it be announced? Who will conduct this?

nothing decided.

I'm also missing:

- reports / test images for the DVD

- proposed artwork for the DVD

I've seen some artwork but have to admit that I didn't like it at
all. It not only had a very strange design (for my taste) but also
contained the pictures of several soldiers ("sergeants"), which I
absolutely dislike.

Could the links please be mentioned here.

Maybe somebody could come up with a better proposal as well.

Of course, I didn't mean that, which is why I didn't say it.
What I meant to say, I said.              -- Thomas Bushnell