feedback form (was: Re: Schedule for Debian Day)

From: Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 20:37:29 CEST

On Monday 16 May 2005 08.44, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Sorry to bother you again, and also sorry for not using the proper mail
> to respond, but I cannot find it anymore. I saw (or I've dreamed it,
> dunno) somebody asking for a feedback form for the Debian sub-conference.
>
> I've taken the opportunity to design one which we could use. I've
> designed it in a way it uses the entire sheet. I'd shrink it to
> A5 and print two on one page.
>
> Please comment on it.

Yo!

(IANAResearcher - I just can quickly form a quick opinion on just about
anything on the basis of what I learned watching TV commercials ;-)

 -> add a line like 'other:', in case somebody has a feedback form on a talk
that wasn't originally planned (or are unplanned last-minute talks so
unliukely that this is not possible?)
 -> Relevance: I'd insert a 'to you' at the end of the question in any
case. And I think I'd use 'relevant' in the question as in the title -
'important' somehow doesn't feel right. (Native english speakers anybody?)
 -> speaker: I wouldn't dare to judge the competence of the speaker from a
single talk... 'Did the speaker make a competent impression to you?'

While an overall good/bad rating might not give much importance, it might -
placed as the first question - get people going with filling the survey,
and it also would help disambiguate the 'awful speaker, but the topic was
really intersting so it was worth it' from the 'it was so boring that I now
can't even remember what the topic was' situation.

If I fill a survey, I'm always curious to see the outcome - I guess it will
be announced here, so a pointer to lists.debian.org would be sufficient.
Or, obviously better, if you (or Alexander, as he's offered to do the bean
counting) cared to reserve an URL for this already...

As I've said, just my ยข2
-- vbi

--
Protect your privacy - encrypt your email: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro