Re: CeBIT booth

From: Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 01:04:13 CET

* Thomas Templin <templin@gnuwhv.de> [050324 01:11]:

> The question for me is how could we avoid this in the future?
> I would suggest to invite Anaxagoras, the original poster of
> disappointment, http://linuxlog.de/user/Anaxagoras, to join us at one
> of our next events promoting Debian.

Nice idea.

> But for this Debian, better a lot of Debian people, have to leave it's
> position of social Darwinism which says that only people who pay all
> the bills by their own are allowed to participate in a booth.

Who ever said this? Hell, no! Take the CeBIT example:
- Accomodation: By private, for free
- Train-Ticket: Ask FFIS, paid by donation
- Food: Well, this year it was a bit low, but it's normaly
                hardly possible to pay your food yourself during CeBIT

I don't know of any case, where someone said: "I'm willing to be there
and do that, but need a trainticket" who didn't got one.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--
http://learn.to/quote/