Debian at Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2005

From: Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 22:52:45 CET

Hello,

some lines about the Debian presence at the "Chemnitzer Linuxtage" in
Chemnitz, germany:

http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2005/info/
http://www.de.debian.org/events/2005/0305-linuxtag-chemnitz

Debian booth:
http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2005/live/detail.html?idx=53

We (Andreas Müller and me from Debian) arrived on Fr 2005-03-04. Silke
Reimer and Martin Loschwitz were already there and setting up the
hardware which was send to Chemnitz by a conveyance from Daniel Priem.
The silver box was well known by the organisation team because it
produced a little trouble but not too much.:) It was delivered two days
to early (We) to the wrong building of the university and the
organisation stuff had to carry them with 4 men by hand. The orga guys
weren't angry about it just unhappy about the additional work.
Our booth contained 2 PCs, one with a beamer and one with a TFT and we
showed the Debian installer. Most of the people asked "When will sarge
be release?".;) Someone in a non-Debian talk told the audience they
should go to the Debian booth and ask for the release date. As always
some asked for the difference to SuSE or how they could solve this and
that problem with Debian. I tried to kick people away who just want to
read e-mails at the booth instead of helping and talking to interested
visitors. Saturday evening was the social event with a big buffet and we
had fun. After we eat everything Alexander Schmehl arrived from china.;)
On Sunday from 14:00h to the end of the event (room V5) the Debian talks
were given but I cannot tell anything about it because I were at the
booth.
At the booth we gave away Debian flyer and all the remaining Linuxtag
2004 DVD we had (ca 250). We sold the remaining T-Shirts from FOSDEM on
Saturday, 36 keychains and 44 Debian posters.
This results to 489,44€
The money of the keychains will go back to Jörg Jaspers and of the black
T-Shirts to Andreas Müller.
The rest (donotation + income from posters + money from white T-Shirts)
will be transferd to Joey/FFIS (http://www.ffis.de/) who has the Debian
money in germany.

It was again a great event. thx Chemnitz.

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org