[Cebit] current status

From: Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 19:58:03 CET

Hi!

Current Status: SNAFU.

1. Booth:
  Size: Unknown.
  Position: Unknown.

I asked several times for size and position. Additional confussion was
caused by a mail from the LinuxPark organizers, stating that we will
have "a Demo-Point with stool, perhaps with InterNet access", which
contradicts their previous promise.

Phoned them back, yes, we should calculate with the promised big booth,
but they couldn't tell me, how big, and exactly where. *grmbl*

2. DVDs
  Number: Known.
  Sponsored: Partly.
  Details: Will be published later.

3. Dates:
  CeBit Start: 10.03.2005
  CeBit End: 16.03.2005
  Booth build: 9.03.2005
  Weekend: 12.+13.03.2005

4. Volunteers:
                     9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16.
  Alexander Schmehl: x x x x x x x x
  Jörg Jasper x x x x x x x
  Thomas Lange: x x
  Andreas Tille: ? x ?
  Martin Zobel-Helas: unknown
  Helge Kreutzmann: unknown

Credativ will be there too, hopefully near to us. So, we might
borrow some of their staff from tome to time ;)

5. entry / exhibition passes
  passes: 2
  volunteers: >2

Thomas, Andreas: You are doint talks, will you get your own passes?

6. Accomodation:
  Problematic as last year :(
  During LWE last year we met one of a company, who said it wouldn't be
  a problem to add us to their contigent of quite cheap accomodation.
  Unfortunatly that didn' worked out, so we needed to restart again:
  Helge offered one (?) sleeping place, two can sleep at my last years
  accomodation.

7. Talks:
  There will be some Debian Related talks during CeBIT.
  Please see <http://www.debian.org/events/2005/0310-cebit> for details
  and inform us, if we forget a Debian related thing.

8. merchandising
  Since we are not allowed to sell anything during CeBIT, we won't take
  much stuff with us. But if you are an DD visiting CeBIT and would
  like to take some posters or stuff home to sell them at your local LUG
  or an other event (yes, there are events, I don't visit), please drop
  a mail so we can bring a bit more.

9. booth party
  In the case of a release, there will be a booth party.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

PS: Yes, talking about the release booth party was a joke.