FOSDEM talk schedule, and some more things.

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 18:40:02 CET

Hi,

Here's the talk schedule for the Debian DevRoom:

Saturday 10:00-13:00: Official opening talks, no DevRoom.
Saturday 13:00: Lunch, setting up booth and DevRoom.
Saturday 14:00: Andreas Barth <aba@debian.org>: "The Debian Release
                Process"
Saturday 15:00: Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk>: "Embedded Debian - How
                best to make Debian more useful on small systems".
Saturday 16:00: Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>: "Debian Web
                Services - Status Overview and Future Development"

Sunday 10:00: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>: "Debian GNU/Hurd"
Sunday 10:45: Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org>: "Porting to Debian GNU
                variants: Targetting POSIX instead of GNU/Linux"
Sunday 11:30: Hanna M. Wallach <hmw26@cam.ac.uk>: "The Debian Women
                Project".
Sunday 12:15: Matthew Garett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org>: "Free as in DFSG: an
                exploration of Debian's views on free software"
Sunday 13:00: Lunch
Sunday 14:00: Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>: "Debian GNU/kFreeBSD"
Sunday 15:00: Thomas Lange <lange@debian.org>: "Fully automatic Linux
                installations"
Sunday 16:00: Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>: "Quality
                Assurance".

This of course means the schedule is full, so if you wanted to do a
talk, you'll have to wait 'till next year.

Now.

I've also received a number of replies to my request for people willing
to man the booth. I'm a bit embarrassed about this, but unfortunately I
have to say that I lost one or two names; so if you've told me that
you're willing to help out with the booth and your name is not on the
list, please yell. Thanks, and sorry.

My current shortlist of boot-people looks like this:

Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>
Benoit Mortier <benoit.mortier@opensides.be>
Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> (not sure yet)
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
Andreas Müller
cobaco <cobaco@linux.be>

One final point: like last year, the FOSDEM people have insurance, too.
If you're taking hardware with you to FOSDEM, and you want it to be
covered, please send me the following information:

* type (laptop, pc, switch, ...).
* a serial number or something similar which is listed on the device's
  cover.
* it's (approximate) value.

Please send that information as soon as possible; I have actually
received this request from the FOSDEM people a while ago already.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks