Re: Debian "eyecatcher" Project

From: Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 10:01:38 CET

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

> Well, I hope I described the idea behind eyecatcher well. As you might
> have seen visiting the project page: We are still in early stage and
> could need some help.
I have a certain amount of landscape images - just in case you do not
want only technical.

> Currently we are thinking about creating the presentation in mgp [2],
> since it seems to be the easiest way, to track changes and translate it.
I'm in the process of switching form MagicPoint to latex-beamer.
While MagicPoint is quite fine, latex-beamer has (besides much
more featureful) the big advantage that you get plain PDF output
which is run by AcroRead. Just imagine you want to run your
presentation on a machine you have no chance to install MagicPoint ...

BTW, we just also think about kind of common latex-beamer theme for
Debian talks as well.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--