Re: LinuxDays.lu (25th/26th of January 2005): Organisational Things

From: Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 11:59:00 CET

Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In about one month the LinuxDays.lu will take place. We'll have a
> Debian booth there.
>
> Dalibor, what about you? Do you have time? We could rape Sparcs
> again... ;-)

I'd love to come and help with the booth! It's been a great place to
hang out at and meet some debian developers.

> Bob, can we expect some getting some hardware lend from the organizors
> as last year? Do you still have an uptodate Debian mirror?

I could slurp the latest sarge from MPII's mirror and bring it along on
a DVD or two.

> I'll probably bring my Hamstation (a Sparc Station 4 clone, now with a
> half working Sarge on it :-) again, maybe a Pentium-1-Thinkpad, too.
> (No, I don't have no new computers... ;-)

My own bizarre hardware stack hasn't grown either (sh3, hpcmips, sparc),
but I'm looking forward to testing the new installer on your Hamstation ;)

> Miscellany
> ==========
>
> I wrote on 20th of October:
>
>>Dalibor: BTW, we still owe our host from 2003 a set of Sarge CDs...
>>(We thought, we'll send him a set of CDs after Sarge has become
>>stable... Well, we once thought, we could send it to him as a
>>christmas present. For christmas 2003... But I guess, it'll be a
>>good christmas present for 2004... ;-)
>

> Well, I hope it at least will become a good christmas present for
> 2005... *gd&r*

Well, there is 3.0r4 :) and with the current sarge it's a spindle full
of CDs :)

cheers,
dalibor topic