Re: Two conferences in France and Spain

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 22:36:27 CET

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2004-12-29 09:52]:
> I would definitely be interested in opinions like yours. That's why
> I was posting a quite complete correspondence to the list. I
> decided to send an abstract. In case it will be accepted I will ask
> them for paying of expenses with the following reasoning:

Well, I'm not sure I have any insightful comments. I just wondered if
they're serious, but I've no idea if they are. As a general rule, I
don't respond to spam even if it might be of interest to me, simply
because I think spam is inherently a bad thing. Now, of course there
are different forms of spam. But I'm fairly sure their message was
spam. Anyway, I'm not sure if your request for reimbursement of
travel expenses will get you anywhere. IIRC, the conference is
"academic" or at least pseudo-academic, and academic conferences
usually don't have any money for travel expenses.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/