CFP: FOSDEM

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 13:52:31 CEST

Hi,

On the 26th and 27th of February, 2005, the fifth edition of FOSDEM will
take place in the ULB, Brussels.

FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting) is a is a free
and non-commercial event for the community and organized by the
community. Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source developers and
communities a place to meet to
* get in touch with other developers and projects,
* get informed about the latest developments in the Free and Open Source
  world,
* attend to interesting talks and presentations held in large conference
  rooms by Free and Open Source project leaders and committers on
  various topics,
* and to promote the development and the benefits of Free and Open
  Source solutions.

Over the past few years, Debian has had an ever-increasing presence
there, with Wichert Akkerman doing a speech on dpkg the first year;
Debian having a booth two years ago; and Debian having a booth and a
part-time Developer's room last year.

Next year, we're planning to have a booth again, and a full-time
Developer's room. For clarity, Developer's rooms are rooms where teams
can meet and discuss about their projects. It is also a place where a
team can discuss, code (hacking sessions), publicly present latest
directions, tutorials, news and decisions.

To make this happen, I'm now calling for papers for the Developer's
room. If the schedule will look about like what it did last year, then
there will be time on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday for talks;
meaning, we'll be able to organize about 11 one-hour talks.

If you are a Debian Developer or otherwise involved with the Debian
project, plan to attend next year's FOSDEM (or would want to change your
schedule to attend), and have anything interesting to say about Debian's
development to your fellow Developers any casual passers-by, then please
get in touch with me.

As the FOSDEM organizers have asked to present them with a schedule
about two months before the event, I'd like to ask for people interested
in doing a talk to contact me before the end of the year, which is a
little over two months from now.

Thanks, and see you at FOSDEM,

--
         EARTH