Re: LinuxDays.lu 2005

From: Bob Hentges <bob.hentges@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 13:26:45 CEST

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:07:04 +0200, Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> wrote:

<snip>

> > The LinuxDays.lu [2] will take place in Luxembourg (yes, you guessed
> > it...) on the 25th and the 26th of January 2005.
>
> Do you know, why they changed the date from November to January?

I do think to remember that one of the main causes was the low number
of visitors in 2003. The organizers split the meeting in two pieces,
one for the business customer and one for the "mere mortals"

I am not totally sure thought. If you are interested I might ask
around a bit to get more information.

> > It would be great to know who I could meet (again?).
>
> You already know it, but the rest on the list probably not: I'll be
> there, too.

fine :)

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:28:42PM +0200, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > count on me: last Linux Days were big fun :)
>
> Full Ack. Debian Sparc hacking with a thrill...

+1

> Bob: How is it with sleeping places? Do you know any cheap places

There are the Youth hostels in Luxembourg which offer always a rather
cheap but still comfortable place to sleep. Breakfast included IIRC.
[1]

I will have a deeper look into the sleeping accommodations problem as
soon as I got some time, probably the weekend. I will definitely keep
you informed.

> P.S.: Who will organize the Debian booth there? (If a Debian will be
> is IMHO no more a question... ;-) Bob and I are both in the Symlink.ch
> team for Luxembourg so we already have a booth to organize...

I will help to organize as well the debian booth as the symlink one.
There aren't that after all not that many local people willing to help
out a bit :)

[1] http://www.youthhostels.lu/

Friendly
Bob Hentges