Debian at Systems, Munich (10/18 - 10/22)

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 03:26:17 CEST

Hello,

As mentioned on the Events list recently, we will have a small booth
during the Systems, along with some other Free Software projects, most
notably Skolelinux. Systems takes place from Monday, Oct. 18th till
Friday, Oct. 22nd.

The booth will be located in Hall A2, booth number 534. We will not have
much space, so only limited hardware and personal is required.

As hardware, we will have a Shuttle i386 box with an LCD, provided by
Shuttle. Further, we will display Debian on a Mac SE/30 (m68k), to
demonstrate the portability. Possibly, we will also have an additional
i386 notebook, if enough space is available. Credativ have kindly
provided us with Flyers and DVDs, to hand out to interested visitors.

The booth schedule is not finalized yet, so if some of you still want to
come to Munich to man the booth, please write me a mail. We could still
need some help in the mornings and for the first couple of days. I could
provide limited accomodation.

Joey has written that we have a number free tickets for Systems.
However, it turned out in the fine print that we will have to pay for
those as well. In any case, we have three exhibitor's passes we will
have to share between the booth personel. If some of the attendees were
able to gain access to Systems through other channels (e.g., the c't
magazine handed out visitor's passes for their subscribers), this would
be appreciated.

For those Debian Developers visiting Munich during Systems on behalf of
their employer, we will probably try to have a meeting some time next
week, perhaps on Thursday. Discussion will take place on debian-muc and
then announced on debian-events-eu as well.

cheers,

Michael